Sunday, July 31, 2005

Satsangha

'Samsaravisha vrikshasye, dhwe phale hyamruthopame. Subhashita rasaswaadha satsanga sajjanai saha'.
When I joined TI, I had wonderful people working with me. They opened up my mind in many aspects of life. I am grateful to them. One should simply be thankful to god for such an association. I'm happy that I did not have to associate with 'less-nice people' then, for otherwise, I fear it could have molded me very differently. I often think that the shape I take, depends very strongly on the people I associate with. It has been true since my childhood. But life cannot always be assumed to be the way you want it to be. Lately I have been forced to be with the less-nice people. I do not want to crib about the way they are, for that is not going to change them. Instead, I would like to look at the positive side of it. I am fortunate to get a taste of such people for a short time before I face the real bad world. It helps me prepare for worse times ahead. Also, there are also some good qualities that I can sieve from them and use it to improve myself. For instance, this guy gives so much importance to smaller details that he many a times misses the bigger picture. I do not pay heed to the finer details-something I have to improve upon.
So life is not about what you want from the world but simply what you can take from it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home